Shipping and Receiving Clerk
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk ensures error free order filling and seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
Core Competencies – described in detail below
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Pick and pack customer orders accurately.
- Ensure proper product rotation
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in the warehouse operation preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment (training will be provided).
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Job requires ability to work with a variety of equipment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (eg. Hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed near moving mechanical parts, where the noise level is generally loud
- This position may be exposed to elements such as dust, odors, fumes and oils.