CIP / Sanitation Operator
Night Shift, 5:00PM to 1:30PM
Production Manager or Production Supervisor
The CIP operator will be required to perform tasks involving physical labour at a Production plant, and will be required to sterilize and sanitize vat- type equipment used to process milk, cream and other dairy products. Responsibilities will include the operate the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean and sanitize equipment, tanks and pipelines. Assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/ sanitizing per manufacturer instruction. Complete basic preventive maintenance of gaskets, seals ,”O’’ rings plates etc. on all product contact surfaces as needed of fluid milk and milk by-products. The CIP operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient production of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies.
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Food Safety & Quality Orientation
• Effectively work in a team environment
• Adaptability/ Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Result Focus
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work in a wet environment with exposure to dust, gas or cleaning chemicals
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in food industry
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Development and Continual Learning
• Operate the CIP (clean-in-place)system
• Connect fittings, pipes and equipment to configure processing set ups
• Complete record keeping items such as , but not limited to, identifying cleaning cycles on charts , measuring cleaning supplies and sanitizing by chemical strengths
• Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
• Perform the basic housekeeping to include clean floors, walls, ceiling , air vents, lights, etc, of the plant, equipment and exterior of all equipment.
• Clean and perform CIP and preparation of work-site.
• Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing
• Lubricate, clean, and maintain machinery and notify maintenance staff of needed repairs to machinery, equipment, and tools.
• Operate, read and maintain all quality control and food safety devices and procedures
• Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory , customer and SQF requirements and report any deficiencies.
• The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Learn and adhere to sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
• (XXXX) years of experience as a General Labourer in a Production environment
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
• Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to read electrical schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams
• Critical eye for identifying defects
• Commitment to quality and safety
• Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
• Respect diversity – treat others with respect.
• Avoid unnecessary conflict.
• Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly processes
• Strong working mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour.
• Job requires ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools.
• Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
• Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
• Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
• Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
• Noise level is generally loud.
• Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
• Excellent stamina is required.
• Hazards associated with the industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00 /hour