- What is personal information
- Information We Collect
- Information Gathered With Technology
- Security Against Information Loss and Theft
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, or your privacy with us, please contact us.
What is Personal Information
Personal information is any information about an identifiable person other than the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Avalon collects only personal information that you provide voluntarily, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address. You may also provide us information about products that you have purchased.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you only for the purposes we identify to you at or prior to the time we collect such personal information. When we do collect personal information, the purposes for which your personal information is to be used will be identified to you.
Avalon may collect and use your personal information:
- to update and verify your personal information that may already be in our database;
- to respond to your inquiries and comments;
- to register you for certain features on our website;
- to administer our programs;
- to conduct surveys, contests and promotions [in the case of contest entry information, we reserve the right to publish the winner’s name on our Web site];
- to distribute, market, provide and inform you about Avalon products by sending you newsletters, promotional information, product samples, coupons, and/or e-mails provided you have subscribed to receive such marketing materials;
- to help us understand your interests and develop new products and services that meet your needs;
- to comply with any laws or regulations and to cooperate with law enforcement inquiries; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent. For example, some individuals may apply for a job opening and send us their resume.
We do not sell or redistribute personal information. Unless you consent in writing or unless disclosure is required by law, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as provided below:
Avalon may disclose your personal information as follows:
- If you have entered into and won one of our contests, your name and city of residence may be published by us or one of the sponsors. Please check the specific contest rules for details;
- To any other third parties, with your consent to such collection, use or disclosure.
Information Gathered With Technology
Avalon uses reasonable efforts to ensure we obtain the appropriate form of consent. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Avalon takes into account the sensitivity of the information. If there are other purposes for which we intend to use your personal information, beyond what you may reasonably expect, we will obtain further consent.
You may opt-out of being contacted and withdraw consent from having your personal information used for marketing purposes or from having your personal information used for market research purposes. . Newsletters, promotional material and e-mails will detail how you may opt-out of being contacted. Withdrawing consent or opting-out may in some instances result in your inability to participate in certain programs, features or promotions.
Security Against Information Loss and Theft
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect you against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data that is under our control. In all cases, your information is retained in secure facilities, protected from unauthorized access and kept only as long as is reasonably required. Only authorized employees who have a need to know your information for the purposes described in this policy have access to the information you provide. We have strict non-disclosure contracts with all employees who have access to the databases storing user information or to the servers hosting our services. We are not liable for any illegal use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only keep your personally identifiable information for as long as it is required for internal business purposes and in order to satisfy various accounting and legal requirements. When we no longer require information, we will take steps to ensure that it is destroyed, or that your personally identifiable information is removed.
You have the right to have a copy of the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. Upon written request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you an opportunity to review your personal information.
Also, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non- Avalon Web sites to which the Avalon Web site may link.